Thursday 12 March 2015

Finished Scarf

I have now finished my scarf!

Here are the simple steps I used to make this infinity scarf:
1. Start with a slip knot then chain about 70 stitches (adjustable to how long you want your scarf to be).
2. Connect the chain into a circle using a slip stitch. Be careful not to twist it while doing this.
3. Use a half double crochet in the next stitch and in each stitch all the way around.
4. Continue around until you have reached desired width (about 6-8 rows).
5. Finish it off and weave in all end pieces sticking out.

This scarf was actually quite simple to make once I learned how to chain and how to do a half double crochet. It was fairly easy to learn and to catch on to. Jen sent me a video to follow along with that I referred to when I was stuck or needed help.
Here is the video that she sent me and that I referred to:


You will be able to see all the videos I use throughout this project on my Resources page.

For the most part making this scarf wasn't that difficult but I did make a few mistakes and learned some things that I will need to be aware of and fix for future projects. When I was done with this scarf it was quite heavy because it was thicker yarn that was initially meant for a blanket so when using this yarn to make a scarf it turned out fairly heavy. Another thing I realized was that I tend to make my stitches very tight which causes problems for me later because when I try to insert into the stitch again it is harder to do so. One more problem I had was that when I connected my foundation chain to make it into a circle it ended up being twisted which made the scarf now twisted. That is something I will have to pay more attention to and be aware of if I make an infinity scarf again.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your scarf, Megan.
    It would be cool if you could insert a picture of your finished product into your blog as I'm sure lots of people (who didn't see it first hand) would like to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you recommend this lady's crocheting videos to someone who has never crocheted before? Congrats on the scarf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robert! You can see my latest post for a picture of the finished scarf.
    Landon, I would definitely recommend her videos for a beginner. She explains everything very well and it is easy to follow along yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete