Tuesday 9 June 2015

Finished Blanket!

I finally finished my blanket! I only ended up using one more ball of yarn (5 in total) and it is still a bit long and narrow but I think it looks better. I am very excited to finally be done.

Here are the steps I used to make this blanket:
1. I started with a slip know and then chained 90 stitches. On the video she chained 42 but I wanted to make mine bigger so I did 90 which was way to long. I would suggest choosing something around 66 stitches. You can chain as many as you want but you must make sure it is a multiple of 6 (not to sure why but that is what the instructions I followed said).
2. When you are finished your chain place 2 double crochets in the 4th chain from the hook/
3. Skip a chain and place 2 double crochets. Continue like this all the way down the foundation chain.
4. When you reach the end only place 1 double crochet in the last chain.
5. Chain 3 and then flip your work*
6. Place 1 double crochet in the first chain, skip 1 chain, and place 2 double crochets and repeat all the way down the row. The 2 double crochets should be in between the "v" stitches which means they are in the bigger holes (see video for a visual).
7. End with a slip knot and weave in or cut off all ends that are sticking out.

*flipping your work just means you turn your project around because you always want to be working from right to left

This seems like a lot of instructions and steps but when you follow along with the video and master the double crochet stitch it isn't hard at all. Jen sent me another video for this project as well to follow along with.
Here is the video:



This blanket actually was not hard to make at all, just took a lot of time. One mistake I made was making the foundation chain way to long which made my blanket very long and narrow. I really enjoyed making this blanket because it was a big project and when it started to get bigger it kept me warm as I was crocheting :) It was a fun project that I will definitely try again sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment